Sunday, April 19, 2015

PBR cookies

Dennis Hopper said it best in David Lynch's Blue Velvet….."Heineken? F*ck that sh*t! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!! (excuse my French) :)

























These cool cookies start with a vanilla sugar cookie base. I first piped the red stripe then filled in the corners with white. 

























Royal blue colored sugar gum paste was used for the iconic PBR ribbon. I laid down the tails before adding the scalloped circle.


I was unable to avoid the rough edges from my scalloped cutter and they were awfully hard to clean up. Please don't judge or look too closely.

























Another strip of royal blue sugar gum paste completes the ribbon. Once dried I piped the words, "Pabst Blue Ribbon."



















No comments:

Post a Comment