Friday, May 16, 2014

dia de los muertos cookies


























I was so excited when I was asked to make cookie favors for a Dia de Los Muertos themed birthday party. It was unusually humid a couple of weeks ago and I was afraid my royal icing wouldn't dry overnight. Instead of piping out 60 cookies with royal icing, I used my black ink edible pen.


























No two cookies were alike….. 


























60 little works of art…..


























All of my sugar cookies are individually bagged, heat sealed, and tied with some sort of ribbon.


















It's not a birthday without a little birthday cake…..


























I reserved a few cookies for the perimeter and the top of cake and added some simple red fondant roses.




























No comments:

Post a Comment