Monday, April 11, 2011

thin & crispy chocolate chip cookies

So I actually thought I was just a chewy-on-the-inside chocolate chip cookie lover.......I am not!
I have a new found love for the thin and crispy!!! 


Thanks to Tom Colicchio's, 'wichcraft, in West Chelsea's Tunnel, where I've eaten many of these delicious sandwich cookies. I usually go for their peanut butter or oatmeal sandwich cookie until my beautiful friend, Sarah, proclaimed how much she loved the chocolate chip cookie ones. And she was right....The chocolate chip sandwich cookies are da bomb!!! 


I haven't decided what I'm gonna "sandwich" these babies with, but when I do.....That will be another post. 


The Thin and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookie
This is Alton Brown's recipe


It was an absolutely gorgeous day (and still is as I type) that I was crazy enough to turn on my oven and bake cookies. It was also an ice cream sandwich kind of day.......


INGREDIENTS
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
2 ounces milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 sticks unsalted butter @ room temp
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips ***I substituted mini chips here***










DIRECTIONS

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Combine the egg, milk, and vanilla and bring to room temperature in another bowl.
Cream the butter in the mixer's work bowl, starting on low speed to soften the butter. Add the sugars. Increase the speed, and cream the mixture until light and fluffy. Reduce the speed and add the egg mixture slowly. Increase the speed and mix until well combined.
Slowly add the flour mixture, scraping the sides of the bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet. ***AB uses a large cookie scoop here. I used a much smaller one, 1 1/2 inch diameter*** Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for more even browning. ***I definitely baked mine for 13 minutes, rotating halfway through baking***
Remove the cookies from the pans immediately. Once cooled, store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment